It’s hard enough to decide which beloved item of clothing in your closet is best fit for a special occasion, regardless of the current climate situation. Factoring in sub-freezing temps (well, if you’re in TX- we’ll call them “almost” freezing temps) and winter weather advisories to this decision-making process reveals a whole new level of difficulty…and often leaves us feeling defeated, reaching for our favorite pair of sweatpants. Unfortunately, last we checked, sweatpants are incredibly inappropriate to attend a wedding in… thus, we’ve decided to make this choice in wardrobe a tad bit simpler by creating an inspired guide of winter-wedding appropriate apparel. Scroll on for quick tips and pictured outfit examples!
1. Deep-hued, wintry sheaths are an obvious choice for semi-formal affairs. Pair with jewel-toned statement accessories for added elegance. (Via Anthropologie)
2. For added warmth, slip on opaque black tights with your mini-dress. Opting for same-shade, black booties creates a seamless look.
3. Go long! Full-length gowns are appropriate for formal dress code events, and have the added coverage to keep you cozy throughout the evening. Don’t be afraid to choose an eye-catching color or silhouette to avoid blending in with the bridesmaids.
4. Topper jackets in statement prints and colors are an easy additional layer to throw over your mini-dress, without compromising style.
(Via Neiman Marcus)
5. Florals aren’t just for Spring! Don’t shy away from these printed, maxi-length gowns. They’re elegant and breathable, allowing you to stay on the dance floor as long as possible.
6. Opt for a dress with sleeves. These brighter styles caught our attention + would pair well with tights.
7. That’s a wrap (well, almost!) Faux fur stoles, wrap sweaters, and pashmina scarves are all beautiful staples for winter soirees. We love them paired with fuller skirts!